Infant or baby strollers are travel systems that provide an excellent way of carrying your newborn around. Lightweight strollers, also called umbrella strollers weighs less than 12 pounds, can be folded up compactly and is thus easier to carry with you.
It is not always possible to carry your newborn in your arms wherever you go, this is where a stroller comes in which is extremely convenient.
Also strolling has certain points that adds up to its advantage such as the experience being pleasant for you and your baby, provides a safer environment for your child and the fact that it even has space to carry your stuff.
Investing in a quality stroller would last you years and provide excellent functionalities compared to cheap and low quality infant strollers. It is up to you to choose wisely!
Considerable Features of a Stroller:
Baby strollers come loaded with different kinds of features, each feature being unique to its specific type. There are six different kinds of strollers available in the market.
- Standard-size: These are the most traditional strollers with ample space, comfortable seats and bigger wheels. They come in different sizes and types but almost every one of them contains reclining seats.
- Car seat frame: As the name suggests they provide a frame which can attach to car seats. These are lightweight frame strollers that can carry specific types of car seats. Remove the baby car seat from your car, strap it into your stroller and you are good to go! Frames are easy to fold up and are compact and lightweight.
- Lightweight Strollers: These are extremely lightweight and more compact than other strollers. Less expensive and easy to use, these are sometimes called umbrella strollers due to their capacity to fold.
- Jogging: These are outfitted with large tires and shock absorbers. These are perfect for use on rough roads and minimize the impact of bumps and curbs on your baby. A lightweight frame is fitted with three large bicycle wheels that contribute to an easy strolling experience for both baby and parent.
- Double: These strollers have two compartments ideal for families with twins. The two seats can be arranged side by side or in tandem with the later providing with easier maneuverability through closed spaces. Triple strollers are also available.
- Travel systems: These are standard or jogging strollers that can also carry car seats. These are heavier, larger and more expensive but can be used for longer time periods.
Important Things to Consider Before Buying a Stroller:
Before investing your money in buying a stroller for your newborn, here are a few things that you should take notice of.
- The size and type of wheel affect the maneuverability of the stroller. Bigger wheels often provide better leverage on bumpy surfaces and are easier to push. Strollers with air-filled tires provide a smooth ride but can go flat most of the times.
- The system should be able to fold completely into a compact carrier. Space always remains an issue and thus better strollers provide users with a lightweight compact system and easy folding options.
- High quality strollers provide ample storage spaces underneath the seats. Also you should look for additional compartments for storage such as pockets behind seats or seat pockets next to the baby. These storage compartments can make your daily-use more convenient. The larger the storage basket, the better it is!
- Take notice of the padding material used in seats. Although the quality of seating and padding material varies with different brands, you should always look for a stroller that is amply padded with material that can be cleaned easily.
- While buying the stroller, make sure that frame firmly locks into its position. Also examine the frame for any sharp edges as it may harm your baby. Make sure the stroller has been passed by safety standards.
- Check the infant stroller for harnesses, as a restraining system is a must. Harnesses should be easy to lock and unlock and secure for your child.
- Check the handle height. The handles should be at the user’s waist level for easier maneuverability. Most strollers come with adjustable handles or even handle extenders.
- Buy strollers with canopies that have a durable fabric and will protect your child from Sun, rain and harsh winds.
Summer Infant Convenience Stroller
Summer Infant has been around the stroller manufacturing market for quite a while now. Founded by William Lockett III in 1985 as an effort to build a safe carrier for his newborn girl Summer, has now turned into a sought after manufacturer of baby strollers that has been delighting mothers and babies alike.
Aimed at providing the safest and innovative designs in every product ranging from cribs to strollers, the quality sets it apart from other brands. Parents can be assured that every Summer infant product has been made by keeping in mind the safety of your baby.
They work closely with professionals including child healthcare experts and pediatricians to ensure every product goes through a series of safety checks.
Some of the Important Features of Umbrella Stroller by Summer Infant:
- Durable, stylish and an extremely lightweight aluminum frame that weighs only 12 pound.
- Easy to recline seat that always stays flat provided with a 5 point harness that can easily adjust to three different heights.
- The stroller has Anti-shock front wheels that prevent jerking from bumps and curbs and also lockable rear wheels.
- Ample storage space with extra-large storage basket that is ideal for storing diaper bags and other personal belongings. You can also store keys and mobile in the rear pocket as well as beverages and baby bottles in the cup holder.
- The canopy is large and adjustable and blocks the harmful UV rays from reaching your baby. Also the sun visor provides additional prevention from the sun.
- Compact and easy 3 step folding system that comes with an auto lock and carry strap.
Pros & Cons of Umbrella Stroller by Summer Infant
Why Should Use?
- Innovative air-light aluminum frame that is extremely lightweight and is easy to carry and push around. Although being lightweight, it provides higher durability and lasts for years.
- Adjustable seats that can be made flat for baby nap time. Comfortable seat material provides a soft cushion for your baby.
- Large storage baskets that can be used to store your baby items or can also be used as your on the go light shopping cart.
- The state of the art 5 point harness system provides enough padding so that your baby can enjoy a comfortable ride.
- Canopy contains a pop out visor unique to Summer Infant that is proven to prevent 99.9 percent of the UV rays from harming your child’s skin.
- Easy to carry compact system that can you can bring with you anywhere.
Keep in Mind
- Praised by parents everywhere, Umbrella Stroller has absolutely no defects.
The bottom line on Umbrella Stroller by Summer Infant is that it is indeed one of the best rated baby strollers available right now in the market. If you want a safe and comfortable ride for your baby then without a doubt, Umbrella Stroller provides that. Bringing smiles to parents and infants alike, Umbrella Stroller by Summer Infant should prove to be your money’s worth.