Maximum parents feel a natural advise to go and get each little thing baby might probably benefit from. A stroller is no distrust on the list, but do you actually need one? The reply is maybe not, at least not in the first year. Here’s why…
The reason of a strolling product is to make it simpler to transport Baby while you toddle. At its simplest, it is just an option to carrying Baby in your arms otherwise on your hip. And, your baby will nearly always favor to be held in place of riding.
15 Things to Consider While Buying Best Baby Strollers
As there are numerous choices and lots of deviations in contemporary baby strollers, the task to pick the best one may get muddled if you don’t know what to think and what to stay away from.
There are features like, protection harness, kinds, sturdiness, simple cleansing and most significantly, the console. Now let’s get going throughout them in details-
- Safety: This is another significant detail that you will need to consider while you are buying a stroller. While most features are regulated and most stroller adheres to the safety standards in a country, it is very important to keep them in mind. Three really important features to keep in mind are:
1. Strollers need to have certain restraints to ensure that the child is secure and doesn’t fall out. A good type of restraint is a five-point restraint that has straps for the waist, shoulder and crotch.
2. It should have tether straps for the wrist to prevent the stroller rolling away. Some strollers come with a mechanism that can help the stroller brake when you let go.
3. Strollers should have a parking brake with a release mechanism located in an area not easily accessible to children when they are harnessed in.
- Purpose: It is necessary to spend some time and figure out the purpose you’re buying the stroller for. If you are very active and want to go on walks or runs with the baby, a stroller that is suited for all-terrain travel can help as they are sturdy and solid in the quality of build and ease of handling. It can also be good to look at certain models that come with the option of adjusting the height and locks for the wheels that can help in running for different types of terrains. If you are looking for something that suits a more “indoor” lifestyle and just something that you can carry in the back of the car and visit markets or supermarkets, an “umbrella” stroller, which is less sturdy but more portable, lightweight and easy to fold up and carry around.
- Types of Strollers: There are many types of baby stroller in the recent market. Strict to your decision on the buying stroller with your required features
- Brakes: Every strollers contain parking brakes designed to keep the strollers from moving or rolling when you are stopped.
- Carrying capacity: You will generally have to carry around a lot of stuff when you have children and you will need to pack a lot for short trips. Strollers that have some storage space for shopping baskets or additional compartments can be of good help.
- Canopy: Canopy is a must have essentials for any baby strollers and it’s highly effective when it’s unbearable sunlight or extreme cold or heavy breeze out there. Most of the time, canopies are made of easy fabric and designed to support a metal frame all along. It works as a shield for your baby.
- Child’s tray: Strollers frequently contain a tray or grab bar where babies can rest their arms or remain snacks or toys. A number of models present both a grab bag and a trays.
- Using in the Elevator: Though fall injuries are the most ordinary strolling-related risk, most result in slight injuries to the head and face. But, stairs modify the risks in a fall.
- Budget: The first and foremost thing with choosing a stroller is to find the budget you are comfortable with. Working on creating a budget and sticking to it can help prevent you from getting overwhelmed by the vast degree of choices available to you and be lead astray by unnecessary bells and whistles. With a little bit of research, you can find what features fit into your budget, the reviews available and start from there.
- Adjustable handle: If you are going to use the trailer regularly by two parents or a caregiver, it can be a good idea to look for a model with an adjustable handle to ensure that any difference in your height is accounted for and can help cut down on a lot of the back issues associated with pushing it around a lot.
- Weight: If you are considering buying a stroller, you will need to think about the weight of the one that you are going for. As mentioned, all-terrain strollers are heavier than umbrella ones. Ensure that it is easy for both you and your partner to carry around and keep the weight and size in mind by testing out the weight when it is collapsed down. Also consider the maneuverability in relation to the weight.
- Steering: If you are buying a stroller at a shop, it can be a good idea to test whether you can comfortably steer the stroller and comfortably manoeuver it in and out of small spaces, turning it around and tipping it back. Ensure that walking with the stroller is comfortable for you and doesn’t cause any issues for walking.
- The collapsible factor: It is very important to ensure that the stroller you are going for has an easy mechanism for collapsing so that if you have a screaming child you can do it with ease.
- Ability to add extra seats: If you are buying your first stroller and you have a plan to have more children in the near future, it can be a good idea to add some extra seats added into the current one later on. There are a number of options that can provide the option and can help in reducing the costs in the long term as well as can help save space required to store the stroller as well.
- Travel system: If you are looking for something that can help you travel in a car with your baby and transfer them from the car to the stroller with ease, a travel system can be a great idea. What they do is basically provide you a stroller and a compatible infant car seat which can be clipped into the stroller and can help you get something all in one for easy travel plans. These are generally more cost effective than buying car seats and strollers separately.
One casualty reported to the CPSC occurred when a parent attempted to obtain a stroller holding an unrestrained and sleeping baby up a set of stairs and the baby terribly fell out, resulting in a serious injury.
Let’s now look into several the most admired Baby Strollers-
5. Summer Infant Convenience Stroller
Important Features of Umbrella Stroller by Summer Infant:
- Durable, stylish and an extremely lightweight aluminum frame that weighs only 12 pound.
- Easy to recline seat that always stays flat provided with a 5 point harness that can easily adjust to three different heights.
- The stroller has Anti-shock front wheels that prevent jerking from bumps and curbs and also lockable rear wheels.
- Ample storage space with extra-large storage basket that is ideal for storing diaper bags and other personal belongings. You can also store keys and mobile in the rear pocket as well as beverages and baby bottles in the cup holder.
- The canopy is large and adjustable and blocks the harmful UV rays from reaching your baby. Also the sun visor provides additional prevention from the sun.
- Compact and easy 3 step folding system that comes with an auto lock and carry strap.
Pros & Cons of Summer Infant Umbrella Stroller
7. BOB Revolution Single Stroller
Features of BOB Revolution Stroller
- Front pivoting wheels and lightweight frame offer a smooth joyride.
- Suspension system and easy to fold frame provides comfort as well as convenience.
- Multi-positioning canopy.
- Adjustable and comfortable seats.
- A 5 point padded harness with fastener.
- Storage space in seat-back, interior pockets and hanging basket.
Pros & Cons of BOB Revolution Stroller
When do You Need a Stroller?
A new mother needs to go out for her outdoor activities as life comes back with all its needs after pregnancy but can she always leave her baby behind at home? No, it is not always possible to leave a baby behind at home, especially when there is nobody to take care of the baby.
Moreover, the baby too after a few initial months needs some fresh light and air and wants to go out of the house. A visit to the grocery or mall or an afternoon walk sounds perfect with your little one.
Carrying your baby in your arms can be comforting but not while you are outdoors. It is really tiresome to walk, climb up stairs or go through a bumpy road with a baby clinging on to your body. It is difficult to maintain balance, take up phone calls and yet be comfortable.
A baby stroller comes handy in such cases. It makes your life much easier than before. You can carry on with a great deal of outdoor activities like shopping, walking, etc. without feeling bogged down by the weight of your baby in your arms.
This way, both you and your baby can spend a great time together. You can purchase different types of strollers for your baby at different stages or go for a multi-featured stroller that can be adjusted according to your baby’s age and needs.
- New born babies do not have the ability to sit upright. For them, you will need a stroller where your baby can lie down flat while you are going out. At this stage, buy strollers with fully reclined seats.
- Soon at the age of 6 months or so, your baby is able to sit upright independently. They would not want to recline anymore and would instead want to sit up and look around while you are at your work. They enjoy the sights and sounds that are around them. At this age they need a stroller with a semi-reclined seat that allows them to sit and enjoy the sights while they are taken on a ride.
- There are strollers for toddlers too so that you can make your baby sit while you are out for long walk or to the shopping mall, without making them walk such distances or dragging them along. Some of them even have storage spaces in the bottom to store your shopped items while coming back.
Benefits of Travel System Stroller:
If you are wondering about the pros and cons of a baby stroller and a baby travel system stroller, it is beneficial to choose the latter because of a number of advantages it has it store for you.
A baby travel system is a packaged set that consists of a stroller, an infant seat and a car base seat together making up the entire set. This is an all-in-one travel system for your baby that facilitates moving around your baby while you are on the move.
The infant car seat can be belted into a vehicle to move your baby around safely while you are driving, without having to replace your baby from one seat to another again and again.
This is especially necessary for babies when they are sleeping so that they are not disturbed or inconvenienced in any way.
The car seat can also fit into the stroller frame in the same way very easily. A travel system thus consists of an infant car seat, a car seat base, a stroller seat and a stroller frame. Here are some of the benefits of using a travel system stroller for your baby’s travelling needs.
- Travel systems are easily available in a lot of options in terms of styles, features and budgets. These are very economical if you are thinking about the budget in the long run.
- The infant car seat and the seat base come included all together so that you do not have to buy things separately for separate needs. This makes them extremely convenient. The infant car seat can easily fit into the car seat base and once again into the stroller base without having to lift up your baby from one seat to another. This saves the trouble of putting a resting baby to sleep again if moved or disturbed. If it suits you, you can even unclip the car seat from the base and carry your baby. It gives you complete convenience.
- Travel system strollers have a lot of features packed into them. They have storage spaces, swing out trays in the front for your kid, cup holders to fit in juice or milk bottles, one hand folding button, reclining seats for new born babies, etc.
- These are the best options for the long run as these are convertible as per need and can grow with your child. You do not have to buy separate objects with each stage of your growing baby. It is just one item that takes care of everything. Some models allow you to switch the infant car seat and convert it into a forward facing car seat when your baby grows a bit.
- Moving around gets really easy when a fully engineered baby travel system is at hand. You can use it both for taking your baby out for a walk and while driving for long hours.
Get home a fully featured baby travel system from a reputed brand and take care of all your child’s travelling needs for years to come.
Safety issues of Travel System Stroller:
A baby travel system stroller is the best kind of all-in-one product available to take care of a baby’s travelling needs from new born stage to toddler stage.
The pros of buying a travel system stroller for the baby are many and the market is already flooded with many such items with a lot of interesting features.
However, slight mistakes in manufacture can be dangerous when it comes to your baby’s safety. You need to be doubly sure about the safety issues before making a purchase.
Make sure you have done a study on the kinds of travel system strollers available, the best brands and the safety issues of each. Always consider the safety issues that go hand in hand with the practical experience of using a travel system stroller for your baby.
- Brakes- before buying a stroller ensure that the product has easy to operate brakes. A good stroller should have brakes that lock both the wheels as a safety feature. The brake release lever should also be out of reach of the baby.
- Strong and heavy base- while it is important to ensure that the travel system stroller isn’t too heavy to make you feel uncomfortable, it is also necessary to check that the stroller base is wide and sturdy enough to not tip over easily. This helps to avoid accidents.
- The buckle and seat belt of your baby’s stroller should function properly and should be tied up always to prevent falls from accidents.
- Do not compromise on the safety and quality of the travel system to save money. Sometimes, companies reduce the prices of the travel systems and compromise on the quality of the item. Do not fall into such traps and check whether all the features are in perfect working condition before buying a stroller or travel system.
Difference between Umbrella Stroller vs Full-size Stroller:
The umbrella Strollers-
One of the most purchased stroller is an umbrella sty. It is inexpensive and is seen around a lot. The name of this stroller comes from its handles that are curved like that of an umbrella. It can even be folded and fitted inside the back or trunk of your car.
The umbrella stroller weighs less than twelve pounds, which makes it extremely easy to carry around. It is a stroller that is suitable for babies below the age of six months. This is because it doesn't provide any support to the neck and head of the child.
Today’s advanced umbrella strollers can be used for kids who are upto four to five years of age. The problem with this stroller is that parents have to wait for a couple of months before they can use it but on the plus side, it can be used for years afterwards.
So, that totally balances it. Umbrella strollers don't come with any canopy and storage space. Although some of the umbrella strollers can have both. They are used mostly for quick trips, traveling, or for the purpose of running errands.
The full-size strollers-
Full size strollers are also known as standard strollers. They are way more spacious than any ordinary stroller. These strollers are one of a kind as they are brimming with features to enhance the level of comfort of a child.
It comes with cup holders for your child as well as you, canopy, seats that can be adjusted and reclined, has a lot of storage capacity and provides different compartments for convenience.
These strollers are perfect for every new born baby. They can be used till a child is of three to four years old.
Your child will hardly feel the bumps on the road as these strollers come with way larger wheels than present in the umbrella strollers. It makes the ride extremely smooth and pleasant for the child. Any one who is planning to buy a stroller should get this instead of the umbrella strollers.
How to clean a stroller?
A stroller is an everyday thing of use for moms with little ones as they serve as the best options to take them out on a walk. They help you to make your child connect to the world while not having to physically carry your baby all the way in your arms.
While you can enjoy your walk, the baby enjoys the ride in some fresh air, while exploring the scenes happening around. But with time strollers get dirty too and need to be cleaned properly to maintain the hygiene of the product.
They not only collect dirt and germs while they are taken out but may also have settled debris from broken and spilt food. They may drop crumbs of food or spill their milk and juices on to the seat.
Cleaning the stroller properly is an important part of maintaining hygiene around your baby. Do not worry about cleaning it at all as a few simple steps can show you how to clean it very easily at home.
Collecting the crumbs-
You can either pick up the large crumbs that you see on the stroller with hand or use a vacuum cleaner to suck up the debris from the seat. The portion where the seat meets the back of the stroller has to be especially vacuumed to collect all the debris settled here and there.
Clean the fabric of the seat-
After the solid particles have been cleaned, it is time to clean the fabric of the seat deeply to take away microscopic dust and germs and disinfect the stroller. Take some mild soap or disinfectant along with cold water and to clean the seating area and canopy of the stroller.
You can do so by wiping it with a cloth wet with the water. You may also dip a soft brush into the soapy water to clean some soiled areas. After it is clean, pat it dry with a dry towel to absorb the excess water and let the fabric breathe and dry naturally.
Clean the frame-
Finally, now it is time to clean the metal and plastic frame of your stroller to give it a fresh and shining look. The wheels, brakes and handles get soiled by dirt, mud, leaves, etc. They need proper brushing and cleaning to keep them in proper condition.
Check for debris that may be stuck on them and remove them with a brush. Next, use the soap and water solution to clean the frame with a wet cloth. Wipe the excess water with a dry towel and leave it to dry.
You can gently clean the wheels with a soft brush too to get rid of settled particles in the gaps. Be careful not to be too harsh and do not use strong chemicals, detergents and cleaners as they can scratch and weaken the plastic or metal frame.
Also check the brakes and moving parts of the stroller while cleaning to ensure they are in perfect condition to avoid accidents.
Give the wheels a final wash-
The wheels run on the road and are the dirtiest part of the stroller. After initial cleaning, it is best to give the stroller’s wheels a complete wash so that they are absolutely spotlessly clean again. After they are properly washed and dried, inspect that the wheels are working properly.
If the wheels of the stroller are pneumatic tyres, the air pressure must be properly maintained after cleaning.
Follow these few steps and adore your baby stroller looking as clean as a new one so that you can enjoy your ride with your baby every day. Also make sure never to fold up the stroller when wet as it may create rust and mould in it.
Let it air dry properly before folding it up. Avoid it from direct sunlight and cover it up with a cloth if you are not intending to use it often.
There are numerous products on the market to meet your strolling requires that it can be overwhelming for maximum parents to narrow down the options to find the exact right stroller for their family. Try to select the best one for you from the market.
You can also buy the product nearest shops. Just make sure the product is very much good for your using purposes. Be careful when you are selecting one for you and take good care about the requirements you need in the product.
Must consider the vital factors to choose the product you are buying. Verify if the manufacturer provides any extra facilities.
If you have any questions regarding this product let us know about it and if you want to give any additional suggestions about the product feel free to let us know.