We never compromise when we are buying stuffs for our little ones! Especially while buying crib mattresses, special care must be taken because your child is going to spend most of the time in his/her crib at least for the 1st 3 years. A lot depends on the quality of the mattress for your baby’s sound sleep.
Types of Portable Crib Mattress:
- Foam Mattresses: Available in a variety of thicknesses (3-6 inches), foam mattresses are possibly the lightest. The ones which are heavier and firm are of better quality. If the surface of the mattress is too soft, it can conform to the shape of a baby which can be extremely dangerous because it may cause suffocation.
- Innerspring Mattresses: These have coils covered by fabric, padding and foam. The use of high quality steel coils and better cushioning makes them more durable.
- Organic Mattresses: They are made with 100% natural organic materials like cotton, coconut fibers, wool, natural latex etc. They are on the expensive side but some say that it is worth the money. Certain chemicals may be present in inorganic mattresses which may trigger allergies in infants.
Important Things to Consider Before Buying Portable Crib Mattress:
- Another important thing which must be kept in mind is that the fit of the mattress in the crib should be perfect. No gap should be there between the crib frame and the edge of the mattress.
- A firmer crib mattress is always considered as a better one.
- Opt for a denser mattress which would keep your child safe while he/she is asleep. A mattress with a gauge of 15 or lower and with more than 135 coils is preferable.
- You should also look for the resiliency which the mattress offers. If the mattress regains its shape quickly, it would help the baby to change postures quickly while sleeping.
- Venting is very important to let air in and out of the mattress. Look for the ones which have holes on their sides.
Dream on Me founded in 1988, it is one of the most trusted brands in the US which specializes in cribs, strollers, mattresses, toddler beds, and other children products.
Professionals make sure that all the safety standards are met and every product goes through a series of quality tests. The brand has received great feedback from its users and has been the favorite amongst many parents.
Important Features of Dream on Me Portable Crib Mattress:
- The product follows 16 CFR 1633 flammability standards.
- It comes with a non-allergenic antibacterial waterproof cover.
- Fits in all standard sized portable cribs.
- It has passed all toxicity tests, hence totally safe.
- The product is made in the USA.
Pros & Cons of Portable Crib Mattress by Dream on Me:
Why we choose it:
- Built quality of the product is great.
- It has a firm feel to it.
- Designed to fit all standard portable cribs.
- It offers good resiliency when you press in the middle of the mattress.
Keep in mind
- Some of the customers have complained that the product is too hard.
Make sure you go through all the specifications of the product before you buy one. This product is exclusively designed for portable cribs, not the full sized ones. Dream on me is a reputed brand and has provided great products for toddlers over the years.
So if you are expecting a baby, make sure that you buy this product. Moreover it is available at an affordable price if you compare it to the other products that are currently available.
So to conclude, the Dream on Me 3 Portable Crib Mattress is definitely a must buy for your child!