Boost Your Fertility in Completely Natural Ways
Fertility clinics have sprung up in all parts of the world to deal with the increasing problem of fertility among couples trying to conceive a baby. Unhealthy changes in lifestyle are the major reasons for rising number of infertility cases among both men and women.
It is a fact that about one in six couples face problems in conceiving a child. In men it is stress, obesity and lack of testosterone that causes problems like erectile dysfunction and low sperm count.
In women, hormonal imbalance, ovulatory failure, polycystic ovary syndrome, tubal damage and uterine problems lead to infertility. There are however a lot of unexplained reasons for a couple’s failure to conceive.
Often there are several nutritional deficiencies that lead to such incapacities. Believe it or not simple lifestyle changes can actually do a lot to get you pregnant.
Here are some natural ways for men and women that can boost up fertility and help you to have your own family.
Eat a Healthy Diet
The first and foremost way to boost your fertility is to maintain a healthy diet. You must make some dietary changes in order to naturally boost your fertility levels.
Instead of consuming several pills, start eating certain foods while avoiding some others and see how things change for the better. Eating a fertility diet should be your first step towards preparing yourself for pregnancy.
It not only improves the functioning of your reproductive organs but also supports the development of the baby in the later stage.
Food and nutrition plays a great role in the human reproductive system. It provides the body with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to protect the sperm and the egg.
Cut Down on Your Drinking Habit
If you wish to have a baby you need to let go of alcohol. Alcohol consumption not only leads to erectile dysfunction and low sperm count in men but also decreases the chances of conceiving in women.
It causes an imbalance in the estrogen levels which interferes with the release and implantation of the egg. It can also harm the developing foetus and lead to miscarriages. So if you are planning to have a child start becoming a teetotaler.
Manage Your Weight
Obesity is a primary reason for infertility in both men and women. If you wish to be a parent soon, watch your weight and keep the waistline in check.
Excess body fat interferes with ovulation in women. It also causes changes in the menstrual cycle. Obese women often suffer from irregular periods which in turn also affect pregnancy.
When the menstrual cycles are irregular the ovulation too is irregular and this decreases the chances of conceiving. On the contrary, being underweight too can be a reason for low fertility.
You need to manage your weight to keep your fertility in check. Along with cutting down on fried and fatty stuff you also need to exercise regularly.
Regular exercise not only maintains a healthy weight but also improves blood circulation and regulates the hormonal levels which are very necessary to improve fertility.
- Go for brisk walks every day. Walking is a very good form of exercise. If you find it impossible to manage some time for the gym, indulge in lightweight exercises at home like skipping, spot jogging or stretching. It helps to normalize the hormonal levels, blood pressure and blood sugar levels, which act as deciding factors in pregnancy.
- Practicing yoga is also a good way to increase your fertility. As we all know there are different forms of yoga and each of the postures is meant for a specific purpose. Yoga reduces stress and detoxifies the body. It keeps your hormones in check, increases blood circulation and keeps the reproductive system healthy. It increases blood flow and oxygen to the ovaries making them healthy and fertile.
Some of the asanas or yogic postures that help to boost fertility are:-
- Paschimottanasana or seated forward bend.
- Hastapadaasana or standing forward bend.
- Janu Shirasana or One legged forward bend.
- Baddha Konasana or Butterfly pose.
- Leg up the wall pose.
- Bridge pose.
- Kapalbharati prayanam or rhythmic rapid breathing.
- Nadi Shodhan Pranayama or alternate nostril breathing
Manage Your Stress Levels
Stress and infertility are directly related to each other. As your stress increases the more you are at risk of losing your chances of becoming a parent. Stress is harmful for both male and female fertility.
It increases your blood pressure levels, causes hormonal imbalances and affects you psychologically. In case you are too worried about not being able to conceive and spending sleepless nights over it, just relax.
You need to calm down and let nature take its course. By worrying and stressing yourself you are doing yourself bigger harm.
In order to conceive a child you have to be happy and cheerful. Mental problems, depression and stress can severely decrease the chances of conceiving.
- Stop worrying about issues that are not in your control. Do not stress over unnecessary problems.
- Keep yourself happy and cheerful always and maintain a healthy relationship with your partner and family.
- Reduce work stress and take frequent breaks to detoxify yourself.
- Sudden trips and vacations help to reduce stress levels and energize your body.
- Before trying to conceive a child try discussing your problems with a psychologist if you are a patient of depression or other mental problems.
- Listening to music and light exercises or walks help to reduce unwanted stress and its resultant high blood pressure.
Reduce Working on the Laptop
Too much working on the laptop can cause infertility. Heat generated from keeping the laptop on the lap for long hours can increase scrotal temperature and decrease sperm production.
In females too it causes functional problems in the reproductive organs and may lead to irregular ovulation. Keep the laptop away from the genital portion if you need to work for long hours.
Take frequent breaks in between work. In this way you can manage to evade from the ill effects of technology.
Cut Down on Late Nights
Something that a couple must do in order to become a parent to a child is cut down on late nights. Proper sleep at night is very essential in keeping the body healthy.
Lack of sleep and waking up late at nights takes a toll on the hormones and the reproductive health in general. Finish off your work soon and cut down on late night parties and go to sleep soon. A healthy sleeping routine is very necessary to increase your fertility.
Indulge in Full Body Massage
A full body fertility massage can really boost up your fertility and increase your chances of becoming pregnant.
It detoxifies the body from stress and free radicals and increase the blood circulation to the reproductive organs.
It energizes and stimulates the hormones and brings oxygenated blood to the reproductive cells which improve fertility. It also cuts down on stress and reduces high blood pressure and anxiety.
Try Something Inspirational
Instead of worrying and losing sleep over why you are not being able to conceive listen to something inspirational which will help you to focus and imbibe positive energies in you.
Try listening to inspirational music or chants or try meditation to reduce your worries. Read inspirational books and keep yourself positive and motivated all along. A lot depends on the mind. The more positive you are, the greater are the chances of becoming a parent soon.