Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer Review
Rectal thermometers are usually limited to taking temperatures of your baby, with exceptions of aging adults who are severely ill. Rectal thermometers provide accurate results babies who are less than 3 months old, generally because of the difficulties of using an oral or an electronic ear thermometer.
However extreme care must be taken while measuring temperature through the rectum. Incorrect use of the rectal thermometer can cause the rectal wall to be pierced or any other kind of severe pain.
Refrain from taking temperatures rectally when the baby has been swaddled for the past 20 to 30 minutes or has just been bathed. This can cause abnormal or inaccurate readings.
You can apply any lubricant such as a water soluble jelly at the tip of the thermometer for an easier insertion. Care must be taken so that the thermometer is not inserted more than 1/2 inch inside the rectum. Always wash the tip of the thermometer after every use before storing it away.
Special Features of a Rectal Thermometer:
Rectal thermometers contain a flexible probe tip that provides a safer way to take rectal temperature readings.
The digital screen is large and has a lit display.
Rectal thermometers are often digitalized consisting of an on/off button and a digital scale showing the temperature.
Provides the accurate readings as the rectal temperature is the closest to the infant’s core temperature.
Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer
Vicks has remained undoubtedly the best medical supply selling company for the past decade. Their products are satisfying millions of customers not only in the United States but worldwide.
Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer is no exception! Its unique design and a number of useful features set it apart from the rest. It checks in the safety of your child with a probe that is flexible and refrains from going too far in the rectum.
This rectal thermometer provides you with fast and accurate readings and is fully digitized. Rectal thermometers have always made parents uneasy and question the method, as it requires the insertion of thermometer in a very uncomfortable place of your infant.
All things aside, Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer aims to remove this wrong thought process by providing parents with an easy to use, totally safe rectal temperature measurement device.
Vicks Rectal thermometer has won several awards for its excellence including 2005 IDSA and MDEA awards for quality design.
Features of Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer:
- Can be used with infants as well as with toddlers and children.
- Design is unique and has a flexible probe that eases the insertion process.
- Extremely accurate and shows reading in mere 10 seconds.
- Reminds after the completion of reading by producing beeping noises.
- Has a memory system that can show the last temperature that was taken.
- Can be easily cleaned and is water resistant.
- Intelligent design that contributes to easy and safe handling of the thermometer.
- Cost efficient and cheap, fits perfectly in your budget.
- Provides highly accurate measurements without any faults.
- Great temperature measuring tool for newborns and infants.
- There is a shock factor involved.
- Can sometimes stop working.
After all the above facts, the bottom line that stands out is that Vicks Baby Rectal Thermometer is extremely efficient as evident from its many attracting features and few shortcomings. It is indeed the best rectal thermometer out there and is perfectly safe for your newborn.