Travelling with babies and toddlers needs a complete checklist to be followed. Along with medicines and other essentials for baby’s needs and safety, there are several items which need to be taken along.
A baby is quite particular about the certain things that he or she uses, for instance, the bottle or the bed. Putting your baby to sleep in a different bed while travelling may not be an easy task.
To avoid such troubles, make use of a portable baby travel bed to give the same bed to your baby to sleep in no matter wherever you go.
A baby travel bed is a bed that can accommodate toddlers and provide a comfortable surface for them to sleep in. These are made of soft and cushiony material like foam to increase the comforts of the child.
The best thing about some of these travel beds are that they can either be rolled up or deflated and taken along while travelling.
This is done to ensure that your baby gets a comfortable sleep in his or her own bed every night irrespective of the environment.
Important things to consider before buying Toddler Travel Bed:
Before you buy a travel bed for your baby you must take care of certain factors keeping your baby’s comfort in mind. Always do a prior research and read the user reviews of the products before selecting any brand.
- The material of the baby travel bed should be absolutely soft and comfortable. It should neither feel hard and sink down to the floor nor irritate the soft skin of the baby. Always check for cotton or foam padding inside the material of the bed as it helps to keep the baby comfortable and provides bounce to avoid the baby from getting hurt.
- Secondly, the size of the bed should be large enough to fit your baby. Obviously, you do not need a king size bed but there should be space enough for the little one to turn or roll about in sleep without falling off the bed.
- It is always better if the bed is foldable or inflatable as it makes it easier to carry it while travelling. Always look for portable ones.
- Ensure that the baby bed you select has side rails to prevent the baby from falling off on the floor.
- Avoid going for cheap materials just for the sake of a few bucks as they are not at all durable.
- Lastly, make sure that the material of the bed is safe and tested to be in contact with babies.
The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
The Shrunks is a brand founded in 2007 and is dedicated to enhance the comfort of babies and toddlers.
The brand is known for the various kinds of baby travel beds for both indoor and outdoor use. The products score high on comfort and performance and are widely known.
Features of The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
- The design of the travel bed is compact and can be inflated in just 30 seconds.
- Since it is inflatable in nature, it is portable too. You can carry it along anywhere while travelling.
- You can tuck in sheets and blankets on the sides of the inflatable bed to provide extra comfort to the baby. The size can accommodate all standard crib size sheets.
- The travel bed has side rails specially made to protect the baby and prevent him from falling off the bed.
- The material of the bed is soft and cozy enough to give your baby a night of comfortable sleep.
- The no squeak surface creates a calm and quiet environment even when your baby turns in sleep.
- You can give your child a comfortable and cozy bed to sleep in anytime you want.
- Keeping in mind the safety of your baby, it is safe from Phthalate, BpA and Lead.
Pros & Cons of The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed
Why Should Use?
- Easily inflatable in 30 seconds.
- Easy to carry it while travelling.
- It can be used both for indoor and outdoor purposes.
- The side rails help to protect the baby in sleep.
- It can accommodate crib blankets and sheets.
- The sheet tucking feature is an added benefit to make the baby even more comfortable.
- It claims that it is lead and BpA safe.
Keep in Mind
- During the initial days it has a particular smell which may be irritating for some babies.
The Shrunks Toddler Travel Bed is an inflatable air bed for toddlers that can be used at home or carried along while travelling.