Baby-gyms are one of the most versatile products that are available in the market today which have important development benefits and can be used in many ways.
So what is a baby gym? It is made up of a soft mat that has 2 arches which can be used to support toys. They also have some lights, mirrors, tummy time pillows, kick activated musical instruments which provide a platform for babies to play.
You can allow your baby to play right from her birth all the way until they start crawling. Buying the right one can be confusing, but the following guidelines would help you choose one for your child.
Why You Should Buy a Baby Gym For Your Little One:
- Cognitive Benefits: The principles of action and reaction can be taught with the help of a baby gym. When the primary circular reactions trigger in a child (6 weeks to 4 months), he/she tries to repeat an action which was done accidentally. If they enjoy doing it, they try to repeat them! These are termed as Secondary circular reactions. These include kicking or grabbing a toy which make sounds or light up. Pressure sensitive and hanging toys helps to develop these ideas in babies and encourages them to play with it.
- Visual Perception: Babies have near sighted vision which means distant objects appear blurry. Most baby gyms are set up in such way that the objects lie within 8-12 inches from their faces and they can see it clearly. This helps in developing visual skills. One more thing that must be taken into consideration is that high contrast objects must be used. The perception of depth starts developing around 4-5 months of age which allows them to understand what they are reaching out for.
- Grasping and reaching skills: All newborns demonstrate a phenomenon called ‘palmar grasp reflex’ which means that they have a tendency to grasp anything that comes within their palm. Baby gyms teach your little ones to hold on to objects. ANTR reflexes are also enhanced using baby gyms and newborns learn to use it in a functional manner.
- Helps to develop muscles: This is the most significant benefit of a baby gym. It helps in developing the muscles in the arms and legs, neck, back and tummy.
A Few Facts About Fisher-Price
Fisher Price Founded in 1930 with the headquarters in New York, Fisher Price has made more than 5000 products for little children in these 86 years.
The company has received many awards and positive reviews over the years and is one of the favorite brands amongst parents.
Their products are extremely safe for little children and are very appealing. The Fisher Price Baby gym is a great product and you would definitely want to have one for your kid for its benefits.
Important Features of Fisher-Price Baby Gym:
- The product offers lights and sounds, music and a lot more which helps to stimulate the growth of babies.
- 5 linkable toys encourage the baby to move along the mat and reach out for them.
- The product is suitable for use from birth.
Pros & Cons of Fisher-Price Baby Gym
Why Should Use?
- An excellent and well-built product.
- It has nice contrasting colors which help to develop visual perception.
- It is 100% safe for newborns.
- It offers many growth benefits.
- It comes at an affordable price.
Keep in Mind
- Electronics used on this device can be improved. Some of the users have complained that the music stopped working after using the product for some time.
Fisher Price Rainforest Gym is one of those products which you should definitely buy for your little baby. It has several benefits like development of visual perception, muscles etc. Moreover, you can trust Fisher Price for their excellent product line up and the quality of products they have been providing for years.