Baby swings are the most impressive way to soothe your little one in a secured way. Every little angle is unique and customizing them according to the sweetie’s needs would be perfect.
Baby swings are intricately designed for suiting the whims of the child. The plush seats and the adjustable headrests would ensure total comfort for the baby. Most people keep the baby swing pretty low on their list of essentials while planning for a child. Many fuss over the space it would occupy in a household and is a massive investment.
However, a judicious buying would ensure that the baby is soothed very much without any problem. Baby swings are especially effective if one has more than one child as handling them simultaneously can be tad difficult. Baby swings position the child securely and provide them a cozy setting.
Every little one can get a bit cranky now and then but cradling them in your arms can be tiresome and at times ineffective. There is a wide choice and variety amongst swings and opting for the right one can really help the parents.
Important factors to consider before buying a baby swing
- Space- the most important thing one has to consider before purchasing a baby swing is how much space can be allotted to the swing. You cannot rope in a humongous swing in a scrunched up space. Trying the small and portable variant is a wiser choice.
- Price- One cannot simply splurge unnecessarily on a swing, which would not be used for more than a couple of months. Therefore, the best thing would be to spend the money depending on the term of usage. Say, if you are planning to have more kids or would love to pass it on to your relatives or friends, then a durable and expensive one might be useful.
- Comfort and safety- you would not want to risk your child’s safety and there cannot be any compromise regarding this factor. Perform a thorough check of the harnesses and a five-point one would be safe enough for your kid. Check out the buckles so that the child can be easily fitted in and would not pinch or hurt the little one. Comfort is also a prime factor for pondering upon, as no one would love to provide any discomfiture to the toddler. The fabric of the swing-seat must be soft and washable. The seat must be padded for extra cushioning. Do not leave the child in the swing for abnormally long hours as it can make them sick and dizzy.
- Added features- one can comfortably go for the basic ones but an added bell or a vibrating seats with music can be really fancy. However, make sure that they do not overtly stimulate the child’s senses and irritate them instead of soothing. These features can also be quite irritating for the parents, so choose with caution.
Considerable features of a baby swing
- Types: Most baby swings come in primarily three types of power options, they are- battery operated, mains power operated or manually operated, sometimes with wind-up features.
- Battery operated: These are considered as the most convenient ones for operating anywhere, as they do not rely upon any external power source. However, it would need changing of batteries but they do run for a very long time. The mains power connected ones would run endlessly; just ensure that the power sources have no issues in order to avoid accidents.
- Wind-up: These ones are not that much convenient and calls for some added effort manually. The manual ones need constant external push to rock the swing, would be engaging and time-consuming for the parents.
- Portability: Some baby swings can be easily taken to places and some are heavy and not that mobile. Some baby swings can be even folded up and stored while not in use.
- Swinging speed and direction: The swinging directions and the swing speed are also some attractive features. Some sway sideways, while some rock from front to back. The speed sometimes is fixed but most have multiple modes.
- Movable trays and chairs: Trays allow the child to play with toys while awake. Reclining chairs are utilitarian for both infants and older ones. Correct seating positions would really be supportive for the child.
Fisher Price Cradle and Swing
Fisher Price is a trusted name for its array of baby products like toys and swings, since 1930. This New York based company has won the trust of millions of parents across the globe for its high-grade products and immense customer satisfaction. They truly care about the baby’s security and also pay attention to the most advanced usage of technology.
Key features of the Fisher Price Cradle and Swing:
- Six swing speeds
- Soothing nature sounds with 16 songs to soothe the baby
- Two swing motion- sideways and up-down
- 3 adjustable seating positions and two reclining positions
- Mirrored globe allows the child to have a look at itself
- Friendly, dancing animals overhead
- Stimulating light and sound
Pros & Cons of of the Fisher Price Cradle and Swing
Why we choose it:
- Runs both on 4D batteries and also direct power supply through the 120 volt AC Adapter.
- Easy to assemble and run.
- Wide range of swing speed.
- Extremely comfortable seating with machine-washable cover.
- Foldable and easily portable.
Keep in mind
- Noisy motor can irritate the child.
- Not ideal for small places.
Therefore, the bottom line is that Fisher Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle and Swing is one of the most favored one by parents for the newborn and is a bestseller. It would provide your child the perfect security, soothing and comfort without any compromise.