An infant car seat is a special kind of seat with protective and supportive features to keep your baby safe even on bumpy roads.
It can be installed in the car easily to keep the baby secured in a place. Ensuring safety is an essential part of driving and if you have a little one to take care of, the safety standards reach the highest level.
An infant car seat is useful for even bringing your infant back from the hospital or taking him or her out while going for shopping or other purposes.
At the same time, it is also necessary to buy the best car seat for your child as an incorrectly built or installed car seat can leave your baby injured in case of a crash.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Infant Car Seat:
However, before buying infant car seats there are several things to take care of in order to choose the best.
- Firstly, before buying an infant car seat parents must consider the age of the child they are buying it for. If the child is too small, then an infant car seat should be your choice but if you want one that lasts long throughout the toddlerhood, then a convertible seat would suit better. However, a convertible seat is not easily removable like the former one and this can be inconvenient. Moreover, for newborn and smaller infants, removable infant car seats are the best as they can be easily removed for carrying and moving the baby even while he is sleeping.
- Do not compromise with quality while choosing the best kind of car seat for your infant. However, paying a high price always does not guarantee the best quality product. Always check whether the infant car seat has one strap between the legs, two straps at the shoulder, two waist straps, foam pads at the side of the head section, and strong and durable latches to attach the seat firmly.
- Do not fail to check for additional features like an anti-rebound bar that is at times present in some infant car seats to minimize movement and impact in case of a crash.
- The car seat that you choose must have proper cushioning and air pads on the sides to make the ride cushier and comfortable for the baby.
- Always choose car seats with a larger and spacious canopy around the head for better comfort even if the baby starts growing in size.
- Check all the popular brands and read the user reviews thoroughly before settling to buy an infant car seat. Remember that it is an investment for your child’s safety and you should only choose the best.
An infant car seat has different kinds of features, which make one type different from the other. Overall, there are 3 types of car seats for your child and each has its special set of features.
Infant car seat: This is a rear facing car seat that can be installed and removed easily. The seat usually connects to a base that is installed in the car. This makes it easy to attach it or remove it as per convenience.
This kind of a seat is basically meant for newborn infants and can hold your baby for about a year. It is designed to accommodate newborns and small babies.
As your baby starts growing in size and becomes too tall to reach the hood of the carrier, it is time to change the seat for a bigger one.
Convertible seat: This is the second kind of seat sought out by parents after their child outgrows an infant car seat. This kind of a baby car seat has both rear facing and forward facing features.
It is recommended that children up to the age of 2 or till they reach 40-50 lbs must ride in the rear facing manner for better safety. When the child is old enough the seat can be turned to face forward and used.
Booster seat: Boosters are basically seats that raise the child in the car seat so that the seat belt fits correctly. These are to be used just before the child becomes old enough to use the seat on his or her own. The booster accommodates an older child and helps to adjust the car seat belt.
Chicco is the largest European baby brand known for its baby products ranging from feeding systems to car seats. For a period of 50 years or more, Chicco has won the trust of many customers by delivering quality products for baby’s growth, development and safety.
Chicco car seats for infants and toddlers are the best products in the market to make each and every ride safer for your child. They offer the best quality seats equipped with the latest technology to make it convenient for you and safer for your baby.
Chicco offers various kinds of easily installable car seats for babies of all ages and sizes. Find one that best suits your needs.
The important features of Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat:
- An adjustable canopy with multi positioning features.
- One pull tightening system.
- 5-point harness.
- EPS energy absorbing foam.
- Built in lock off system at the base.
- One hand removal.
- Can be used for babies up to 30 lbs.
Pros & Cons of Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat
Why Should Use?
- The leveling system comes with ReclineSure spring that provides extra comfort and protection.
- The level indicators present on both the sides of the seat ensure that the angle is correct for the baby seat.
- The one pull latch system ensures a tight and snug fit and minimizes use of effort.
- The 5 point harness gives the best protection to the baby and has one pull tightening options for convenience.
- The seat is easily adjustable and removable.
- It can accommodate babies from birth to the age till they are about 30 lbs.
Keep in Mind
- Nothing to complain about by most parents.
So, the bottom line is that Chicco Keyfit 30 Infant Car Seat and Base is the highest rated infant car seat by parents and it can provide your infant with the right kind of comfort and protection while you are driving. It will not only make the ride safe and comfortable for him but also keep him secure in case of an unfortunate crash.